Audio Interuption

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Kona
Soundman

Post by Soundman »

Hi, Im looking for any help or advice with an issue Im having with a Kona Premium GT. I am using live services with a Samsung A5 phone. Audio streamed via Bluetooth is fine. Live services connects OK via the mobile hotspot set up. However, every few seconds, the sound "blips" and there is a momentary gap in the audio. This happens wevery few seconds so it disrupts the music enjoyment. Im playing music files on an SD card on my phone using the Samsung music app. The car has been in to the dealer numerous times and they say the fault is with my Samsung A5 phone. Ive been into O2 and they say the fault is with the Tom Tom app in the car as not only does it update the data on the map, but it sends a notification every time there is a change, and it is this that is disrupting the audio. The dealer tested with a new Samsung S10+ phone in my car and the audio was perfect, which seems to suggest it is the phone (memory, technical performance etc) or it could be that the S10 was using the Spotify app. Does the music player app really make that much difference? Also reading the streams on here, I notice people mention speed camera notifications. I have not seen these on my vehicle. Am I missing something? Any help appreciated.

MattD

Post by MattD »

It looks like a Bluetooth issue, probably won't fix it without a hard reset of your phone or just get a new one. All I would say is your set up seems over complicated and you need to embrace android Auto, 3 main reasons for this are you lose sound quality with Bluetooth streaming, the TomTom navigation system you are using is no where near as good as Waze or Google Maps, you've clearly got an issue with your phone's hardware.

Install Android Auto, get your usb connector, download Waze (as you get speed notifications) and give it all a go, you can launch android Auto on your phone in anywhere to get used to it before using it on your head unit of your car. You can easily switch between the radio and Android Auto aswell if needed. Give it a go, it will be a much better experience after you've worked it all out. YouTube is your friend for it all.
Smudge1837

Post by Smudge1837 »

Hi I've just had my kona in my local dealer for the same problem. Plus a few others.
When using the radio it cuts out every few seconds, but the dealership say the problem is external and nothing to do with the car or system. They told me that DAB always has its problems and does cut out..... i know that but not every few seconds..... why cant they just listen or are their ears intermittent to. Ive been told to record a video of it for them.
AEB-UK

Post by AEB-UK »

I usually listen to DAB most of the time, and I haven't come across this problem - yet :|
2019 Kona EV Premium SE in Ceramic Blue :D
Smudge1837

Post by Smudge1837 »

The DAB has been 100% fine for the past year, but suddenly things like the radio fault, reverse sensors fault and engine rattle have started to happen. I took the car to my local dealer yesterday, but no faults found... really! Funny but today all the faults have disappeared. Spooky
wja96

Post by wja96 »

I had this until I turned all the traffic, speed limit, speed camera alerts off. Any time it sounds an alert, it silences the radio. Even if it just checks for a new traffic update, it silences the audio. It’s a right pain. Also check you’re not running Waze or a 3rd party navigation application on your phone as it does the same thing to alert you of police or traffic etc.