Live Services not working

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Kona
Neil

Post by Neil »

Mine started working today.as far as i understand my dealer spoke to Hyundai technical uk who spoke to Hyundai factory who re registered it with Tom Tom it took about a week.

Myrosen1957

Post by Myrosen1957 »

I'm little confused on what's not working ?
MattD

Post by MattD »

Basically Tom Tom and Hyundai seem to have a deal where they provide premium services like live traffic updates, speed cameras, map updates, speed limits etc for a period of time, you can only access these live services if you connect to your phone's Wi-Fi from the car using your phone's mobile hotspot (tethering), from what I can make out if Hyundai don't register the vehicles software with Tom Tom properly then when you try to connect to them it will be rejected, this is all done via an SD card which is located under a panel at the back of the screen. So the problem these have been having seems to be that their cars SD card hasn't been registered properly & the connection to their services keeps getting rejected.
gngr29

Post by gngr29 »

Neil wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:08 am Mine started working today.as far as i understand my dealer spoke to Hyundai technical uk who spoke to Hyundai factory who re registered it with Tom Tom it took about a week.
Many thanks Neil. I’ll go back to my dealership (who told me the system doesn’t work without an Android phone - which sounded just plain wrong).
DIgger

Post by DIgger »

Procedure I have to do with mine > first pair Phone I presume you have ,, power up car wait about 2 -3 mins then turn on your mobile hotspot,, WIFI is not needed turn it off on phone leave Wifi on the sat nav , bluetooth on paired, mine takes about a few mins then connects to sat nav, info says getting data service, then Speed camera Icon shows,, i got that message like you did about data services not registered , but onced paired and on hotspot I never got it again..
I use a Iphone 7...
gngr29

Post by gngr29 »

Hi, all fixed. Like Neil said, Hyundai hadn’t set it up properly. Had to send them the ID code from the system, they sent it off to Hyundai technical and it started working the next morning. Thanks everyone - especially you Neil.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post