Kona Premium GT AWD auto Steering , Question ?

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Kona
DIgger

Post by DIgger »

Hi all
I have had the Kona Premium GT now for about 3mths, just recenlty notice on the steering, that mostly on City and towns, I can feel the drive taking up in the steering (left and right), when in Eco mode its worst, any cambers good or bad you can feel the car being driven left side or right side in the steering, although the car drives straight no pulling to left or right on any bad cambered road, brakes perfect again straight as a die,, on main highways at legal speeds all perfect, so has anyone else notice the issue ?? as I am now aware of it its bugging me as I think there is a problem with the steering,, as the car is going in to the dealers to have a look at the lag and hesitaion its still doing, and also to check the forward collition alert as that has not activated, example : during pulling out on roundabouts ,,,, if you feather the throttle the accel is ok ish if you need power and push on the accel pedal more the car will hesitate then lunge forward at speed hence the FCA no warnings or braking at all, it is activated in the system , tried early, normal and late modes, all not worked,, nearly 3x had to brake heavy to avoid a rear end collition

thanks

ibradburn

Post by ibradburn »

its not the lane depature pulling the steering is it?
Neil

Post by Neil »

I was thinking the same thing try turning off the lane departure system
DIgger

Post by DIgger »

Hi all ,Got the lane dep off, its set to active,, will try it at alert,,,had it in today at HYundia, about the lag and Lerching and FCA , again the usual replay nothing wrong with the car, they do that this type of DCT box.. and they updated the ECU about the FCA problem. hope I never have to try it out, who knows ??
Might see the winter out and get rid of it ,, never hated a car as much in my life as i do this KONA , be WARNED if purchasing a KONA premium GT stay well clear of IT ...any one want it for £21k all yours..
DIgger

Post by DIgger »

HI,,
Was talking to a chap the other day who has been a Focus ST owner for several years about the steering issue, he said is also inbuilt in to performance Fords, is called PULL DRIFT COMPENSATION and can be turnred off, and Mechanics on here Confirm this before I approach HYundia again,,

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post