Auto stop/start (ISG) - intermittent start.

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Kona
RobA

Post by RobA »

I have a 2018 KONA premium 1.0 turbo manual. Great car, but ISG has started playing up. Stops engine okay when conditions met, but doesn't always restart engine when I depress clutch pedal fully. I then have to press the start button a few times to get the engine fired up. Needless to say, always happens when I've got traffic behind me as the lights change to green, so get a lot of abuse!
Would be grateful to hear if any other owner has experienced similar issue. Thanks.

LMD

Post by LMD »

I have the same issue in my I30N (Which I'm trading in for a Kona!). Car has done it a couple of times when I first get in and once when the start stop kicked in (Took about 9 attempts to get it to start again). Because its intermittent the dealer can’t find a fault to fix. I’m fairly convinced it’s a dodgy starter relay though. I had a similar issue on my other car when I bought it, just got a click from under the car. Changed the starter and been fine ever since. I hope this is not a trend with Hyundai. I really wish you could turn off the stop/start permanently - it doesn't make any difference in real world driving anyway.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post