Battery low-Auto Stop start

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Kona
tonyv131

Post by tonyv131 »

I have a 2018 Kona premium GT which has just been in for 2nd service at 7,000 miles.

The stop start appeared to have stopped working for some months and has been intermittent since i bought the car,.

The dealer says reason for stop start not working was due to low battery-only 58% .
They say this is due to my low mileage. They say the stop start need about 80% battery. They are going to charge battery and test but say the car needs to sit for 4 hours with the car unlocked before the system will work correctly. !!!!

Has anyone heard of this situation?

Obviously there is no notification in the car that battery is low and ill never know when the stop start will not work or not until it doesn't happen.. If what they say is true every time you get a flat battery or replace a battery the car :o will need to sit unlocked for 4 hours !!. Obviously nothing in the manual about this.

Kona Kenny

Post by Kona Kenny »

Modern car electrics??? My stop and start does not happen all the time, and when I am in a long queue the car may restart by its self. I can not understand why it needs 4 hours to reset, but they may know something we do not. Best of luck.
KENNY. 2018 1.0 Kona SE
I don't know were I am but,
I'm having a lovely time.
ffox

Post by ffox »

It also depends on the electrics you are using. For example, my stop/start won't work if I have the fan turned up more than 3 bars.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post