Music issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Kona
kevker

Post by kevker »

Hi all, I've just had delivery of my Kona Premium (company car) and after two weeks I'm a little frustrated.

I prefer to play my music using a USB stick. After converting all my music from FLAC to mp3 (because we have a premium Krell system, but why would you want to use anything approaching a good quality source), I find that tracks are only played alphabetically. Searching a few forums (mainly US) it appears that the infotainment system won't read ID tags and the assumption is you will always use your phone to play music. A workaround was given of renaming each track so it starts with a number. So for instance White Christmas would become 01 White Christmas, and so on.

I really can't believe they would have teamed up with Krell, but not invested the ten minutes it would have taken to write the code that the system would reference the ID tags. Am I missing something, or would I really need to spend a couple of hours renaming tracks?

Thanks in advance for any input

wja96

Post by wja96 »

Sadly, they haven’t teamed with anyone at Krell except their marketing department. Exactly the same system we get as Krell is sold in the US as Infinity. Sorry if you thought you were getting something genuinely better.

And yes, as far as I can tell, you will need to rename the tracks.
CRB

Post by CRB »

Stop before renaming the tracks.......

I had this issue and if I remember correctly this is an issue by the way you select the music.

I think if you pick by Album rather than by Artist then the tracks play in the order on the album.

Need to double check as I know I have solved this one....but freezing cold and I can't face going outside and into the car to test the above ;)
Kona Electric Premium SE 64Kwh
Ceramic Blue
KoolKonaEV

Post by KoolKonaEV »

Hello Kevker, since I read your topic and not having used a USB stick yet, I decided to experiment with file formats of all kinds. They're long dark nights up here! :D I hadn't heard of the FLAC format until you mentioned it... I've lived a sheltered life! so started with that. Without going into too much detail, the Krell system plays all that I tried. FLAC,MP3, MP4a, AIFF. I couldn't tell the difference to be honest. I used Audacity on my MacBook Pro to fiddle with the formats. I decided not to complicate matters any further and copied CD's direct to the stick. But, like everyone here had the same problem of tracks being suffixed with a number. I went through all the titles and deleted the numbers. Then all the tracks were in alphabetical order! All the A's then the B's etc. It meant for a varied mix I can tell you!
If there is a solution so that albums play as such, my long suffering better half will be very pleased. :D
Kona Electric Premium 64Kwh
Ceramic Blue
CRB

Post by CRB »

So finally got a chance to check this.

When looking for what you want to play select the Files folder first

Then pick the artist from the list on the right of the folder view

Then pick the album and the tracks are in the correct order (ie as they are on the album).

Give it a go!
Kona Electric Premium SE 64Kwh
Ceramic Blue

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post