Bluelink app

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Kona
Wildy

Post by Wildy »

Has anyone else noticed that the DTE is expressed in Km’s irrespective of the miles setting in Settings?
It seems to be as a result of the recent upgrade to the app.
wildy

KoolKonaEV

Post by KoolKonaEV »

Hello Wildy, yes I noticed that, it has been like that since I bought my Kona EV last October, so I assume you have been an owner longer than me. When you press the little blue refresh button however, it changes to miles!! :? Quirky or what! :roll:
Have you been able to get remote schedule charging figured out? :roll: I gave up and just plug it in late at night to get the cheaper tariff on Octopus Agile.
Kona Electric Premium 64Kwh
Ceramic Blue
Wildy

Post by Wildy »

Not much longer than your good self, KoolKonaEV. Having waited what seemed like a lifetime, our Hybrid arrived in late July/early August. As it's a Hybrid we don't have the luxury of recharging, last week my wife topped up the fuel - the fifth time in 9 months - we regularly see anywhere between 50 & 60mpg displayed, so can't grumble :D
Following your message, I clicked the refresh button and it changed to miles! Bizarre :x
wildy
KoolKonaEV

Post by KoolKonaEV »

Hello Wildy, I'm glad that helped, it is quite quirky how blue link works...or not as far as charge scheduling is concerned, but you won't need to worry about that! :)
You're mileage seems quite good, I am getting a winter range of over 240 miles per charge and that rises to 250/260 miles when the warmer weather comes. Range is dependant on the ambient temperature as well as other things like how old the battery is, I feel quite smug driving passed petrol stations when I see the prices! 8-) I charge at home most of the time and it costs £5 to £6 pounds. I have a smart meter that takes half hourly readings so I can see what it costs overnight. It has been as low as £3! :D With all this sunshine, I've charged a couple of times through the day as I have solar panels and it takes a kw per hour off the charge, it all helps :)
Ceramic Blue
sparktletts

Post by sparktletts »

Sorry Guys and girls I am new to the forum but I have an issue which started about 2 weeks ago right when the new BlueLink iOS app was released. My editing BlueLink app was working fine until 2 weeks ago when I was not able to track the location or send remote lock and unlock to my car. Kona Hybrid 71 plate.

I then deleted the app and re0installed it and then tried to add my car back to the app using the VIN and this basically sat on the sending the verification code to the car and nothing happened. looking around and contacting Hyundai via Twitter I reset the head unit several times and this still did not fix the issue.

Has any one else had a similar issues? I am not stuck with out the car in the app and unable to track or send remote commands.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

NOTE I have done what the Hyundai UK team said which was I have raised this with the dealer I purchased the car from.
KoolKonaEV

Post by KoolKonaEV »

Hi Sparktletts, I'm sorry I can't help you there, I have known some of the functions stop working on my Android version, eg notifications of status not arriving then start working again. Also if you read back on this topic I had problems with scheduled charging...not anymore :) It started working and I have done nothing different :? , I use it all the time now, taking advantage of 5p a unit between 12.30 and 4.30am. I wonder if it is something at the server end, wherever that is in the world, as data is sent from there to your car.
Ceramic Blue

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post