Speed Limit Display

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Kona
davidpugh

Post by davidpugh »

Following a Sat Nav upgrade yesterday on my 2021 Kona hybrid ultimate the speed limits are not displaying
All the settings seem OK but just get the red bordered circle with 3 dashes. This means I don't get the overspeed amber and red warnings on the HUD
Anybody got a solution?

amizup

Post by amizup »

Hi,

I too have suffered the same thing after getting map updates. I spoke to the local Hyundai dealer, and they didn't seem to be interested. Surely Hyundai must recognise that there is a fault/bug in their update
AEB-UK

Post by AEB-UK »

Mine still shows 1mph under the limit following the previous update - ie 29mph, 59mph etc.
Haven't taken it back to the dealer yet though.
2019 Kona EV Premium SE in Ceramic Blue :D
Davew99

Post by Davew99 »

I have also had the same problem with my 2021 Kona Hybrid Ultimate following a Sat Nav upgrade last week. The red bordered circle with 3 dashes does appear but changes to the correct speed as soon as I begin to drive but it is the overspeed amber and red warnings on the HUD that have disappeared. I went back to the dealer today and they hooked it up to their computer but could not find any fault, all they could say was that for some reason the amber and red warnings had disappeared following the update and that they couldn't get them back. It looks like I am going to have to live without a very useful feature until they find a solution.
AEB-UK

Post by AEB-UK »

Yesterday the dealer told me there will be a new update in November and I should bring in the car later to have it applied.
2019 Kona EV Premium SE in Ceramic Blue :D
Davew99

Post by Davew99 »

I have managed to find a way to get the overspeed amber and red warnings on the HUD back following the Sat Nav upgrade, it is not ideal but it works. When you start the car you need to uncheck the Speed Limit Warning indicator by going to Settings / Vehicle / Driver Assistance, this indicator defaults to ON when the engine is started and can only be switched OFF by manual intervention. You may find that this will remove the speed limit shown on the dashboard, it happened to me when I first tried it but now it remains on all the time. It won’t affect the speed indicator on the Sat Nav screen or the HUD.

One other issue that I have is that when I leave my house the speed indicator either shows three dashes or 47 (30mph = 47km). I live on a small estate with no speed signs but when I get to a major road the correct speed appears. I know of other Kona drivers with this problem and my local service dept. is also aware.
Scousekingy

Post by Scousekingy »

Hi

I have just purchased a kona ultimate. The maps needed to be updated a couple of days after receiving the car (Dec 2021) and the Amber over speed limit warning on the HUD has disappeared. Does anyone know if this can be resolved

Thanks
Davew99

Post by Davew99 »

Hi,

If you read my previous post you will see that the same thing happened to me and others. It's a real nuisance and I have been told by my dealer that the update can not be reversed. The only glimmer of hope they gave me was that it is possible that the next update might fix the problem but there is no guarantee. It is possible to get the Amber/Red warning indicator back (follow my instructions above) but it is a manual process which has to be done each time you start the car.

Cheers.
davidpugh

Post by davidpugh »

I had the December update installed but still not fixed. The dealers say that they don't get a list of what's changed in the updates. I've just contacted Hyundai UK and will update you all if I get a useful response.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post