TPMS

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Kona
AEB-UK

Post by AEB-UK »

Yesterday the TPMS warning illuminated showing one of my tyres was 1psi lower than the other 3.
I dutifully inflated the tyre to the same pressure as the others.
Driven the car twice today, but the low pressure warning is still there, and the same tyre is indicated as still low.
EVEN though the image shows all tyres now have the same pressure.

I've looked at the owners manual, but it doesn't help.

How can I reset the TPMS to recognise all tyres now the same?
2019 Kona EV Premium SE in Ceramic Blue :D

ElemKlimov

Post by ElemKlimov »

I've had exactly the same issue over the last two weeks. The extreme cold has caused the low pressure indication. I inflated the low one and then drove around, which should have reset the indicator. It didn't, so I let some air out but still no change. So now I have put more back in and driven a few miles and the error has now gone.
Phil3747

Post by Phil3747 »

Has anyone else's TPMS light come on now the temperature has dropped ?
I drove half a mile to the M1 this morning and it was fine but as soon as I got on the motorway it came on saying that 2 tyres were at 29 psi and the other two were at 28 psi. We travelled about 6 miles to our destination and the pressures were then showing 31 all round but the light didn't go out. About half an hour after arriving back home they were all at 29 so I pumped them all up to 32 psi and took it around the block but the light is still on. I am doing a 6 mile round trip this evening so am expecting it to go out then when the tyres warm up a bit, but I must admit it is a bit frustrating not having a button that you can just press to re-set it.(My daughter had the very same issue on her Kia Sportage about a month ago which was rectified with a puff of air :roll: :roll: )
(I know the recommended pressure is 33 psi but have always found the recommended pressure to be too firm and wear the centre of the tyre out too soon, so am hoping 32 when cold will be enough to put the light out)
Kona Kenny

Post by Kona Kenny »

Yes, I too have had the same issue. The tyres have been at the correct pressure for ages and then we had the cold snap descend on us and the tyre pressure warning light came on and stayed on. I checked the pressure but the light remained on until the next day. All is as it should be now. It is reassuring that others are experiencing the same.
KENNY. 2018 1.0 Kona SE
I don't know were I am but,
I'm having a lovely time.
Phil3747

Post by Phil3747 »

Cheers Kenny...didn't think it would be just me.
My light didn't go off on my journey last night, so I'm going to put another couple of pounds in each one and see if that works....will post back later ;)
Phil3747

Post by Phil3747 »

All sorted...pumped them all up to 34psi and the light went out straight away...I didn't even have to drive it :D :D
Kona Kenny

Post by Kona Kenny »

Glad you are sorted. Mine are ok too. I did a web search and found that tis type of error is not unique to Hyundai. Other makes have the same problem. I guess it is something we will have to live with.
When I bought my first car, a 1969 Morris Traveller, I told the owner that I was going to fit water temp. and oil pressure gauges. He told me not to bother as they were only 'worry gauges'.
KENNY. 2018 1.0 Kona SE
Phil3747

Post by Phil3747 »

Glad you're sorted too Kenny....wouldn't it be so much easier with a button to press ?? :roll: :roll:
ibradburn

Post by ibradburn »

I had the same problem with one tyre on mine , was going to book it into garage monday , but the warmer weather seams to have done the trick , and light out now. !
Kona Kenny

Post by Kona Kenny »

Glad it is sorted for you.
I think this myst be a cold weather problem. This is the first car I have had with TPMS fitted, I wonder if other makes of vehicle experience the same.
KENNY. 2018 1.0 Kona SE

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post