Battery reset

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Kona
Jonm

Post by Jonm »

I have a Kona Hybrid, which twice now, I have had to press the ‘battery reset’ button to get the car to start.
Does anyone know what causes this and is there anything I can do to stop it happening again ?
Jon

dickmat

Post by dickmat »

Whilst I cannot help with a solution- you may be interested to read my post ("2022 Kona Hybrid Battery Booster") concerning my fear of a similar thing happening and the possibility of not being able to restart the car. Unfortunately it hasn't elicited any response yet. And, perhaps more worrying, Hyundai Customer Care (or my supplying dealership) have failed to respond to 7 requests since July!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Struth

Post by Struth »

Can't add much but just wanted to say happening on our 22-plate hybrid. Been back to main dealer as occured 4-times - once with the engine cutting out whilst driving.

It's not showing on the fault codes Richmond Hyundai where we are advise no record of battery reset button press in any other part of the "computer" system just told no-one else has reported this issue. No lights left on, doors not open for any length of time, nothing left in the charging ports either. Each time it's happened it's been very cold - noticed the battery display dips to less than ½charged then jumps on button press to ¾charged. We went from display showing 63mpg to 33mpg - struggling to get it to more than that - I don't know if that's pertinent.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post