Halogen Upgrade Headlamp Bulbs 2022 Facelift model.

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Kona
Kona B&B

Post by Kona B&B »

Just wondering;- I have purchased a Kona Hybrid Premium but couldn’t spec the excellent LED lamps, sadly!
I am aware in UK Mot & law has been amended where you can’t / shouldn't retro fit, LED / HID in a Halogen equipped car! Guess it would fail Mot when required.
So as a compromise I have thought about changing (dull as dishwater) OE bulbs to something a bit brighter!
Trouble is some aftermarket suppliers say bulbs are H7, manual/handbook that came with car says HB3 & garage where I purchased are saying H11!
I am thinking osram Night-breaker Laser or Phillips or Ring?!?
Not the easiest bulbs to access, think you have to go via wheel arch?!? Says consult dealer in handbook/manual.
So to save a lot of hassle does anyone out there have a definitive answer please?!?

davrob36

Post by davrob36 »

I got all my bulbs via ABD Car Lighting - thou for a 2019 Premium SE and I used Philips Racing Vision GT200 bulbs.
They are certainly an improvement and according to ABD the most powerful bulb you can get as far as halogen bulbs goes.
Its a shame that in the UK we are tied to these laws but according to alot of people these bulbs are better than nay LED's ???
Good luck
Kona B&B

Post by Kona B&B »

Thanks. I also tried ABD & went for OSRAM Night breaker laser Bulbs, which on face lifted model are now HB3-vast improvement over OE factory bulb.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post