Auto Hold and lane assist

Main Hyundai Kona Electric chat
RangeFinder

Auto Hold and lane assist

Post by RangeFinder » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:08 pm

Having had a couple of VW's before where the auto hold function was the default and you had to turn it off, I find it mildly annoying and somewhat counter-intuitive that now in my Kona the auto hold function has to be turned on every time. Is there any way I can set it up to be on unless I turn it off?

Similarly I don't like the lane assist function that beeps every time I cross a white line. I tend to think that if I am concentrating that badly that I need to be told I have crossed a white line, I shouldn't be driving. I wonder if there is anyway I can set it to default as being off unless I turn it on instead of the other way around?

Thanks for any advice.

AEB-UK

Re: Auto Hold and lane assist

Post by AEB-UK » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:28 pm

My Auto-hold default is off.

With regards to the lane assist - why would anyone deliberately disable a safety feature?
Not pontificating, but to paraphrase your own words, if it occurs so frequently that it annoys you, then you shouldn't be driving.
2019 Kona EV in Ceramic Blue :D

BartStilgo

Post by BartStilgo » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:52 pm

Lane assist will give you a 'reminder' if you cross the white line without informing it (Use of indicators). If you indicate, and I am not sure of your circumstances then lane assist will be suspended and then re-establish after a few seconds. The computer needs an input to tell it what you are doing hence the indicators. If you cross a white line with no computer input, it is YOU at fault (according to the software writer)
Good luck

RangeFinder

Post by RangeFinder » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:48 am

Hmmm, if you live in the countryside as I do and drive down windy lanes where you almost inevitably cross white lines from time to time, then having a noise go off every time when you do is annoying. Similarly, I also do a lot of motorway driving. While I always indicate to pull out and overtake, I don't see it as essential to always indicate to pull in to the slow lane. Meanwhile, if I am so inattentive that I need a lane-assist to tell me I am drifting on the motorway then I shouldn't be driving. But hey, that's just me and clearly sticking my head over the parapet and asking questions has apparently just led to people telling me I am in the wrong. I'll get my coat....

Kona Kenny

Post by Kona Kenny » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:33 pm

I sympathise with Rangefinder. Narrow roads, cycle lanes and keeping close to the verge when big lorries pass all cause the beeps. Some times I wish it was just one beep instead of three. It is something I put up with though. I believe there are three settings to L.A. Off, normal and active.
KENNY. 2018 1.0 Kona SE
I don't know were I am but,
I'm having a lovely time.

Return to “Main Hyundai Kona Electric chat”