Blue Link Application in Europe

Main Hyundai Kona Electric chat
Srdan101

Post by Srdan101 »

Hi, I'm Srdan from Sibenik in Croatia. I got my Kona electric on 16th of July 2019 and I'm enjoying it since I got it. There is an issue I would discuss with other Kona EV owners. There is this useful Blue Link aplication which allows us to experience new opportunities like the remotely controlled preconditioning of the car. Today, while there was more than 37oC outside and around 55oC inside my Kona, I imagined how it would be great if I could set the AC in my Kona so I don't have to fry my whole body after I sit in the car. Does anyone know anything about the Blue Link aplication for existing Kona electric owners in Europe?
By the way, today I sent an email to an Hyundai Europe employee asking the same question. She is on annual leave and will be back to the office on 20th of August.
I'm waiting for a reply.
There is a petition on www.change.org about Blue Link for Kona EV in Europe. Do you know about that?

Wobby1

Post by Wobby1 »

I to would have liked the blue link app and feel it very remiss of Hyundai to leave it off. I fear neither of us will get it as it’s only available in other countries, America ect, cars. I also was told the bits required to connect blue link aren’t in our cars. Oh, by they way you live in one of the most beautiful countries I’ve ever visited the other is New Zealand.
anupanu

Post by anupanu »

Bluelink is supposed to be available in new cars from 2020. When mine turns up, I will let you know
Tangerine Comet Premium SE Hybrid, initially due early May, then due early June, arrived 14th August 2020.
CRB

Post by CRB »

I have the Bluelink app and whilst I haven’t used it got remote charging have used it to send destination to the satnav and monitoring the charging of the car.
Kona Electric Premium SE 64Kwh
Ceramic Blue
anupanu

Post by anupanu »

Bluelink works great, even tells me when my better half walks away from the car without locking it! I have locked it for her from a distance. Sending Destinations to the Sat Nav seems to work well
You can review the trips made too, the only thing missing (?) is a map of the journey, something JLR provide with their 'InControl' App
Tangerine Comet Premium SE Hybrid, initially due early May, then due early June, arrived 14th August 2020.
Alskona

Post by Alskona »

Yep, Blue Link works fine for me and my '20 model. When I think back to the problems/hassles I had with supposed 'Premium Brands' in this regard I am grateful that Hyundai's system worked right away and I didn't need to have multiple visits to Dealer 'Service' and back and forth with emails/phone calls to the other brands' head office Customer 'Service' to get the others to give what they advertised. Well done Hyundai!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post