Safety Recall for Software update for Integrated Electronic Brake (IEB)

Main Hyundai Kona Electric chat
KoolKonaEV

Post by KoolKonaEV »

IEB software updated on Friday and 4 others...I think ;) I asked the receptionist to list what they were but she couldn't tell me if the IEB update was one of the listed or 4 others. One speaks for its self as 'EV charging performance update', more of this later. The other three are: 'VCULDC control logic improvement', 'monitoring logic application' and 'C240201 DTC improvement'. Mine was the first EV they had updated. I went for a walk and then returned to wait in the socially distant showroom. The car returned gleaming and valeted a couple of hours later :o

The EV charging performance update seems to have enhanced the range. I put it on charge on Friday night, taking advantage of Octopus Agile overnight rates for the first time :) and when I checked with Bluelink the range had jumped to 287 miles :o This during a very cold night. I checked the car and the range was 266 miles :? That's still pretty good but why the discrepancy :? I've never noticed the difference before. On previous charges during this very cold spell the range had dropped to circa 234 miles, not surprising really. Thinks...I wonder if it is still in 'winter mode' :?: , I'll have to check.

I went on the Hyundai website and asked the chat line what the updates mean in plain English and they are going to email them to me, so watch this space :)
Kona Electric Premium 64Kwh
Ceramic Blue

CRB

Post by CRB »

Where are you based? Which dealer did you use?

I use Corkhills in Northwich, Cheshire but there are two others close by. One in Stockport and one in Macclesfield.

Corkhills were the supplying dealer and in that respect I'm a bit "old fashioned" in that I like t have the car serviced at the supplying dealer.....but two recalls later and the car nothing washed at either visit isn't impressive....
Kona Electric Premium SE 64Kwh
Ceramic Blue
KoolKonaEV

Post by KoolKonaEV »

Hello CRB, I used the dealer where I bought it, the Border Motor Group branch in Dumfries. The group HQ is in Melrose with another branch in Carlisle. Very happy with the service and have the first 3 years free servicing in the deal. :)
Still haven't heard anything back from Hyundai on what the additional updates were. :(
Ceramic Blue
CRB

Post by CRB »

Hi KoolKonaEV

Where are you based?

We have a holiday cottage in Kirkcudbright and so are frequent visitors up there or were before the lockdowns and can't wait to get back up!
Kona Electric Premium SE 64Kwh
Ceramic Blue
ElectronCar

Post by ElectronCar »

My recall notice is dated 25th Jan but took well over a week to arrive.

However my dealer has not yet applied it as my Kona Electric has a cruise control fault (i.e. it's not working) after the last 4 software updates applied on 20th Jan (I've started a separate post about this).

Seems sensible in a way - why do another software update when Hyundai can't fix a problem caused by the last software updates!
KoolKonaEV

Post by KoolKonaEV »

Hello CRB, Kirkcudbright is a lovely place, good fish and chip there ;) We used to go to Brighouse Bay when I was a boy....looong time ago :D
I live between Lockerbie and Annan, the A75, your route West, is well known to me.
Maybe you'll get to visit soon, if Nicola gets her finger out :( :twisted:
Ceramic Blue

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post