Cruise control not working after 4 software updates

Main Hyundai Kona Electric chat
ElectronCar

Post by ElectronCar »

Hello,

My Kona Electric (20 plate Premium SE) had 4 software updates applied by the dealer on 20th January.

Two days later I realised that the cruise control was no longer working; the car simply ignored a set speed.

The car has now been with the dealer for a total of 7 days where they have conducted 2 'flight tests'. However to date no fix has been proposed by Hyundai UK.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar issue with functions not working after a software update (and of course there may be other features not working as the cruise control, due to its nature, is easily spotted if not working). I get the impression that Hyundai UK are really struggling to solve what is in reality a software engineering problem.

And meanwhile I have a 6-month old car with a pretty fundamental fault.....not happy!

wja96

Post by wja96 »

Clearly, they have caused the issue and they’re fixing it. That’s not unreasonable.

Assuming they have provided you with a Kona Electric loan car then other than the inconvenience of having to take your car to the dealer you’re not financially worse off. If they have provided you with an ICE car then I’d be billing them for the extra fuel cost. I do 500-700 miles per week and when Hyundai had my car for two weeks I gave a bill for almost £150 in extra fuel costs. When they argued I showed them their own sales literature and the pence per mile figure they claimed vs. what the petrol had cost me divided through by the mileage I had added to their car, they gave me a voucher so my next 2 services were free. I was happy enough with that.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post