ChargeMyHyundai

Main Hyundai Kona Electric chat
TGPGBR

Post by TGPGBR »

Just set up an account with ChargeMyHyundai. One RFID card across all networks seems like the way forward, and also across Europe for our holidays. Does anyone have any experience with you this system?

wja96

Post by wja96 »

All new chargers must accept contactless payment and all existing chargers have to be converted by the end of 2022. So I don’t see much point in signing up to ANOTHER RFID card provider unless there is a financial benefit and, as far as I can see, there isn’t.

I’m on Polar and I find in my area and for 95% of my charging requirements, they’re fine.
TGPGBR

Post by TGPGBR »

I think the idea of the ChargeMyHyundai RFID is that it works across all networks and all European countries so you just need one RFID card across all networks. Kia launched a similar system yesterday.
CRB

Post by CRB »

This is the first I have heard of ChargeMyHyundai....where do I go to find out more??
Kona Electric Premium SE 64Kwh
Ceramic Blue
TGPGBR

Post by TGPGBR »

TGPGBR

Post by TGPGBR »

My ChargeMyHyundai RFID card arrived today, but I can't see me even activating it now I've looked at the prices. Taking my local Instavolt as an example; using my Instavolt RFID No Connection fee and 35p per kwh. Using ChargeMyHyundai on the same charger a 49 p connection charge and 40 pence per kwh. I've got a special wallet in the car with all the RFID cards, on price alone I can't see how Charge My Hyundai will ever catch on!