Kona Gen 5 Sat Nav October 20 update changes

Main Hyundai Kona Electric chat
TGPGBR

Post by TGPGBR »

I know that it's a firmware change as well as a map update, but it's been available to download since October 2020, people have been having the updates loaded into their cars since October 2020!

anupanu

Post by anupanu »

I have my car booked in to receive the upgrade next week. When booking it in, I asked why it hadn't been uploaded when I was in for the recent recall. Apparently it is only done when asked for!!
Tangerine Comet Premium SE Hybrid, initially due early May, then due early June, arrived 14th August 2020.
TGPGBR

Post by TGPGBR »

The dealers and Hyundai UK can't agree. Hyundai UK say it should be automatic, the dealers say you have to ask for it. Madness, if we could do it ourselves as they do in the USA and Canada we wouldn't have al to hassle.
ibradburn

Post by ibradburn »

i can confirm you have to ask for the update when you have it serviced.
Stupid as its free , but if they can get away with doing less for more
they will.
TGPGBR

Post by TGPGBR »

The more times you visit a dealer for updates the more the dealer get paid from Hyundai UK. Seems to be the message to take-away here!
anupanu

Post by anupanu »

Just in case anyone is interested, this update did not solve the issue of Android Auto being 'broadcast' in 4:3 ration which means it fails to fit the widescreen
Apple Carplay continues to fill the full screen making the mapping twice as large.
Tangerine Comet Premium SE Hybrid, initially due early May, then due early June, arrived 14th August 2020.
DavidEveritt

Post by DavidEveritt »

My EV is going back for the 3rd time as the latest SatNav software seems to have a bug.
If I ask for a route longer the 13 miles I am told I have insufficient charge by the SatNav. The power level is 89% and around 250 miles which is about right for how I drive and the area.
Check the green leaf and look at the range.
I've turned the alert off for now but it's a pain every time it recalculates.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post