Looks like we'll all get a new battery

Main Hyundai Kona Electric chat
Preeves

Post by Preeves »

https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/manufa ... -fire-risk
All Kona Ev & Ionic Ev made between 2018-2020 will have a battery replacement to prevent potential fire risk.

AEB-UK

Post by AEB-UK »

Not in the UK we won't - according to Hyundai UK.

In response to a copy of the US recall notice I sent to them, Hyundai UK said :-

"The vehicles produces for the USA are designed and build to different specifications for different markets. As such recalls for a similar vehicle in a different marked would not necessarily apply to vehicles produced for the UK market.
All recalls that are required by HMUK for your vehicle has been carried out and completed and there are no outstanding concerns."
2019 Kona EV Premium SE in Ceramic Blue :D
rwils58

Post by rwils58 »

For what its worth I received a letter from Hyundai UK on 23/04/2021 notifying me that my 2019 Kona is included in the recall for battery replacement.

For step one
I had to either take the car to a dealer to have the state of charge limit reduced to 90% (I normally charge to 80% unless doing a long journey anyway) or I could do it myself. I then had to go online to register that it had been done so that I would be put on to the recall register. I was given some credit on my Charge My Hyundai app. as compensation for the 10% range loss.
The registration was acknowledged in an email.

They also recommended not parking the car inside until the work has been done.

Step two
Hyundai UK will contact me by letter as soon as they have an update on the parts availability and to book my car in for its battery replacement. I don't know how long this will take, what with Covid etc disrupting the supply chain, but at least I'm on the list.

As of today I'm still awaiting a letter to say when my car will be going in for it's replacement battery.
Peter S

Post by Peter S »

Hi - I got the same letter several months ago and reduced charge rate to 90% as instructed but not a word since then. Anyone had new batteries yet ??

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post