Aux. Battery Flat unable to operate any electrics.

Main Hyundai Kona Electric chat
Lory

Post by Lory »

Hi
Yesterday (hot hot day) the Kona was dead when I tried to leave the office. It did spend the day in the sun. Has anyone experienced the same ?

KoolKonaEV

Post by KoolKonaEV »

Hi Lory, that must have been frustrating :x I've had a similar experience with the 12v battery failing, but it was during covid lockdown and the car had sat for over a week. It had the dashcam plugged in and that flattened it.My own fault, the AA man came promptly and 'jumped started' it and all was OK. I think it's a knocking bet that it was the hot day. I've included this link https://www.autotrader.co.uk/content/ad ... prevent-it if you look at point 7 it tells you about extreme temperatures. If you look further down there are some tips on electric vehicle charging as well.
How did you resolve the issue?

Hope this helps.
Kona Electric Premium 64Kwh
Ceramic Blue
Annalou

Post by Annalou »

Got to my electric Kona this morning to find nothing worked, main battery still had over 50% charge. Something had drained the12v battery. Had issues over the last few weeks with the microphone not working, and the indicator sound coming through the loud speaker intermittently. Then when charging, after it reached its limit, set to 80% after 2 hrs would need to charge again.. never has it done this before. AA man came, put power back into the 12v, he alsobtested the 12v battery which was fine, the car worked fine and even the microphone worked, took it to the dealer to be told there was no faults found.. charging it tonight and will have to wait and see.. maybe I rebooted the whole car.. anyone else had this?
Daffid#44

Post by Daffid#44 »

Hi All, I bought the Kona EV 2yrs ago and have the same problem with the Auxiliary battery, it started within the 2yr warranty on batteries ( what a cheek that is). I went to start the car, no response, Breakdown mechanic got it started, everything ok until the service(3 days within the 2yr warranty). Went to collect car from dealer again no response, mechanic came over and started car with the booster. 2weeks later tried to start the car no response. Breakdown mechanic visited again. He did all the checks, battery not holding charge. I informed the dealership and they told me they could only see car in 1 months time!! I’ve had to purchase a new battery (with a 5yr warranty) to be confident that car will start. Bad equipment from Hyundai and poor customer service as I’ve been informed I’m responsible for the new battery. Made a complaint to Hyundai, watch this space.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post