Kona EV weak air con

Main Hyundai Kona Electric chat
TGPGBR

Post by TGPGBR »

Now the days are warming up does anyone else feel that the Air Con is at best mediocre and at worse non-existent? I've tried all options: EV arr con to normal instead of ECO, turning the set temp down and using recirculate. But it takes forever to cool down and the air con air is just not very cool. It's a Premium SE and done just over 6K miles.

Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Had the same issue with my Kona from new. Only realised the AC wasn't working as the weather warmed up. The AC had to be repaired at the dealer. At that time it took a while for them to work out what was wrong but now I suspect it will be quicker.
KoolKonaEV

Post by KoolKonaEV »

Hello TGPBR, you say the days are warming up...not up here there not :( . I have to say that mine works fine, but I used to own a Mitsi Outlander PHEV and the A/C stopped working and the car was only 3 years old. The gas had leaked out and when I had it recharged it was leak checked OK. The explanation given by the tech was the wee non return valve can be jolted to relieve the gas by bumpy roads or potholes...of which the're are many around here :x , so maybe its been that. Either way take it to your dealer for checking, it's surely a warranty job.
Kona Electric Premium 64Kwh
Ceramic Blue
AEB-UK

Post by AEB-UK »

Make sure you haven't inadvertently closed your air vents :)
2019 Kona EV Premium SE in Ceramic Blue :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post