Blinding lights

Main Hyundai Kona Electric chat
Andy1979

Post by Andy1979 »

Morning all, just signed up for this forum and hoping someone can help. I've had my Kona Electric since July, but clearly have only started to use the headlights properly in the last couple of weeks. I'd say, when driving in the dark, appx 30% of oncoming vehicles are flashing me, as though my full beam are on - when they're not.

Is anyone else having this issue? I couldn't see another thread where this was discussed but apologies if I'm regurgitating something that's been discussed elsewhere. I'm debating putting the car into Hyundai as I didn't know if there was a brightness/angle issue, or if it is just these new LED headlights are still taking some getting used to for oncoming drivers? I know from experience other makes/models with LED lights can be very bright, but the amount of flashing I'm getting is excessive.

Any assistance gratefully received.

Thanks.

Andy

Kona Kenny

Post by Kona Kenny »

Hi Andy.
We have experienced the same. We live in France and drive a UK Kona with the non LED lights adjusted for driving on the right. I thought the same as you but I think there is more to it than just brighter lights. The headlamps on the Kona are positioned low compared to most cars. I recon that the beam travels along the road rather than downwards. I have used the beam adjuster to lower the lights further but then I have a short beam. I have also noticed that a lot of cars have brighter lights than on my old Morris Minor.
KENNY. 2018 1.0 Kona SE
I don't know were I am but,
I'm having a lovely time.
antonyrobinson

Post by antonyrobinson »

Yes, I have moved the adjuster to position 2. That seems to be acceptable to oncoming traffic.
ElemKlimov

Post by ElemKlimov »

I had the same issue, with the same model, but fixed it doing the same adjustment. They must all be delivered with that setting too high.
antonyrobinson

Post by antonyrobinson »

They're pretty easy to adjust properly.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post