Won’t charge to 300 miles

Main Hyundai Kona Electric chat
Pasty

Post by Pasty »

Since I have had my Kona I charge at home on my Ohme charger but it never charges up to 300 miles even though it says it is 100%. When I first got it, it was on 300 miles so don’t know what I have done wrong any ideas?

DandDKona

Post by DandDKona »

Hi. We have found our Kona range is very dependant on two things, driving style/road speed and air temperature. During the winter, the range estimate has varied between 225 and 265 miles. Last summer, we saw predicted range of as much as 310 miles, but we had also been doing relatively short journeys with speeds no higher than 50mph. On a recent journey (mostly motorway) our max range dropped to around 215 miles, on the return it was around 250 miles. The only difference we could see was air temp. I hope that helps.
KoolKonaEV

Post by KoolKonaEV »

Hello Pasty, can I refer you to a post back in May 2021.viewtopic.php?f=16&t=294. It covers the same scenario you are experiencing. I hope it helps.

Regards KoolKonaEV
Kona Electric Premium 64Kwh
Ceramic Blue
dcmprince

Post by dcmprince »

I have the same issue, I bought my car and picked it up with 300 miles of range, when I charge it, it will not charge to 300 miles, even set to eco, no air con or heating etc, it's the middle of summer 25c outside, before I get the dumb ass replies it's not how far I got when driving, it's just showing 280 mile range and charger shuts off, eV setting is set to 100% and winter mode is off, its like I have been miss sold this car as hyundai claim range is 300

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post