Hi from A Kona Premium GT Owner

New to the Hyundai Kona Forums? Introduce yourself here
DIgger

Post by DIgger »

Hi all
Just to give you my thought on the Kona Premium GT AWD Auto ,,
Had It now over 6 weeks,, and I ABSOLUTE HATE IT ,, I have tried to take it back to the dealer , most will snatch it back off me and cover the outstanding PCP finance as its a Sort after car with a 4 month waiting list, THe car is Ruby red with 2 Tone roof and Most of you will agree looks awsome, its fitted with every extra they could throw at it and all works Perfectly, Leather seats Heated or Chilled , HUD LED light the works , and its a Bit of an Animal to put it mildy , I hate the DCT gearbox, it should not be mated to such a powerfull engine , you have to really feather the throttles or it Hesitates then lunges forward then off like a rocket, thats in all modes ,ECO,Confort, Sport all the same characteristics, you cannnot be heavy footed on this car as its screaming and thinks do i need to change a gear ! , the drive is good plenty of road noise in rear, suspention is good can take the british Pot holes OK , MPG is Shocking about 30 mpg , best i got was on a 200 mile run at 38mpg thats between 50 -70 , so if you are thinking of buying it, hired it for a day not a 30 minute test run , it will change your mind, I am currently is disscution for a Tuscon auto not DCT , sorry for rant but if you are considering the Premium GT think again ..

MattD

Post by MattD »

Funnily enough I was speaking to a customer of mine today who used to work for Hyundai, now works for Skoda, when I mentioned the 1.6 AWD she said it wasn't good at all and very thirsty... maybe you can wait for the diesels to be released? Could be an expensive exercise though. I've seen a few reviews on youtube and none have really slated it, good luck anyway in whatever you decide to do.
DIgger

Post by DIgger »

Ohh forgot to say ,, any dealers on here got a customer wanting a premium Gt , so I can try for the diesel version of the kona send a pm ,,
Thanks

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post