New kid on the block, UK

New to the Hyundai Kona Forums? Introduce yourself here
Colin1

Post by Colin1 »

Hi to all you fellow electron burners. I take delivery of my new Kona 64kw in blue with the white roof it arrives in January 2019 and I just can’t wait to get my hands on it. I’ve never felt this way about a new car since my first new car 🚙 way way back in the last century..
This will be my first foray into the all electric world and to prepare for it I’ve fitted solar panels on our roof and had a special charger thing fitted to make use of the free electrons. I’ve been following several vlogs on YouTube one in particular that is very informative by
The EV Puzzle Highly recommended

Colin1

ElectraGlidein Blue

Post by ElectraGlidein Blue »

Welcome, I have had my Kona 64kw in the same colour as yours since mid September and have covered 4,000 miles so far. I have noticed the range decrease as the weather cools.

I have had solar PV for 7 years now. They can just about cope with base load in December and January but once we get longer day length you will be able to get some free charging. Back in September I used the granny cable to charge at 10 amps for free. I also used the granny cable when I rented a holiday cottage on Anglesey. Whilst visiting shopping centres, park & ride, destination points such as a visit to the zoo or stately homeand i often get totally free charging. Free is good.

You will need to sign up for half a dozen networks to get the apps and rifd cards to be able to charge whilst out and about. Sign up to zapmap to see what networks you need. I can visit a shopping centre and arrive back home with more charge than when I left home. I usually only charge at home to 80%. This is kinder on the battery and allows for free top up charging when out. I only charge to max if I am going on a long journey .

The Fully charged show on facebook is pretty good.
Kona 64kw EV 🚙