Greetings from Portugal

New to the Hyundai Kona Forums? Introduce yourself here
Ryland Johnson

Post by Ryland Johnson »

Hello.

Going to take delivery of a new 2020 Kona sometime next week. Never owned a Hyundai before so this will be a new experience for me.

Kind regards to one and all.

Kona Kenny

Post by Kona Kenny »

Greetings Ryland. I hope you will enjoy your new Kona as much as we do ours. We had never considered a Hyundai until we had a drive in one. Have fun, regards,
KENNY. 2018 1.0 Kona SE
I don't know were I am but,
I'm having a lovely time.
Ryland Johnson

Post by Ryland Johnson »

Hi Kenny. Thank you for the welcome. I know its absurd but in my day buying a Skoda was a joke and Korean cars where a bigger joke! Not today with Skoda making fabulous cars also Hyundai. Been looking for a car to retire with and needed an SUV as I find it a pain trying to get into and out of many of my friends cars as they are so low.
I have never even considered a Hyundai but took a test drive and the ease of getting in and out of the car sold it. I tried the new Nissan Juke, New Renault Captur, Mazda CX3 and CX30 plus goodness knows how many others. Mazda have the quality beat but they cost about 6-7,000€ more.
The Juke and Captur are now very well made but fall short on the quality and the reliability of the latter is questionable.

Odd thing here with all cars is we seem to import different models to other countries, I get some features others countries don't and vic versa?

Signed the contract today and paid my deposit. Car will be (I hope) ready on Friday. all I can add is lets see how this venture develops.

Kind regards.
Kona Kenny

Post by Kona Kenny »

Good luck Ryland. Hope all goes well.
KENNY. 2018 1.0 Kona SE
I don't know were I am but,
I'm having a lovely time.