New Malvern Member

New to the Hyundai Kona Forums? Introduce yourself here
iancooke

Post by iancooke »

Hi there. On my 78th Birthday (15th August) I got a 2nd hand 2019 Kona 1.6 GDi Hybrid Premium 50, with just 4887 miles on the clock, from Sturgess of Leicester.

I had done my research on Which and decided that for the sort of driving I do these days (mostly local but with 2 to 4 trips a month to Cheltenham or Gloucester Hospital and then 3/4 trips per year to Newbury and Edinburgh to visit my children and grandchildren) a Hybrid was just the thing, giving me electric for local trips and extended range from the petrol engine. My previous vehicle was a Kia Sorento Diesel ( having fallen for the previous con that diesels were better for the environment than leaded petrol engines) and I really felt bad about long journies in it. I now feel I am making my own small contribution to saving the planet although, being the age I am, how long that will be for I can only guess.

I was most impressed by Sturgess who took my old vehicle in part exchange and delivered the new vehicle to my home as I am an 'At Risk' person who needs shielding and couldn't make the journey to make the exchange. I was a bit in trepidation not having had a test drive, but I need not have worried all works well although there is a fair amount to learn from the manual about all the electronic tech. My wife doesn't drive but she is very please with colour of the car, Lagoon Blue and the rear parking sensor. I am wondering whether it may be advisable to get a retro-fit of front parking sensors as the are no 'tell' feature on the bonnet to help in forward alignment. Anybody got views on whether it is worth it ?

Kona Kenny

Post by Kona Kenny »

Hi Ian. I am so glad you are happy with your new car. We bought a used 1.0 petrol car two years ago and still love it. I can't comment on your query other than to say I was in a friends Nisan with all around camera and sensors and was well impressed. As for retro fit I expect it would be very expensive. Good luck with your car and stay safe.
KENNY. 2018 1.0 Kona SE
I don't know were I am but,
I'm having a lovely time.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post