CROSSOVER

New to the Hyundai Kona Forums? Introduce yourself here
Brinsley

Post by Brinsley »

Hi
I am Brinsley, new to the forum and just collected my new Kona Hybrid Ultimate, I have a question please, when pulling away from my house when the car has been stood a while, I have to drive about 1 mile before EV shows on the dash, is this normal?
Regards
Brins.

anupanu

Post by anupanu »

When you say 'stood a while' how long do you mean? Mine stands for a couple of days and goes straight into EV. What is the final part of your journey before you park up, mine is slow but down hill, so regenerating
Tangerine Comet Premium SE Hybrid, initially due early May, then due early June, arrived 14th August 2020.
Brinsley

Post by Brinsley »

Thanks for reply, stood as yours a couple of days, driving back home is slow but uphill, if I leave the engine running around 4 minutes then EV comes on, but never goes straight into EV.
Brinsley

Post by Brinsley »

Found the answer if it helps anyone, simply turn heater off or any electric hungry devices then EV comes on.
ElemKlimov

Post by ElemKlimov »

I depends on the battery level when you shut down and this will depend on the journey you have just had of course. I find the battery level needs to be well above 1/2 before it will pull away in EV and then only in warmer weather. This time of year I'm finding I have to do several miles on IC before EV will even think about cutting in.
Brinsley

Post by Brinsley »

yes you are right, getting more used to it now.