Considering buying a new one!

New to the Hyundai Kona Forums? Introduce yourself here
astro-L

Post by astro-L »

Having spent a long time narrowing down the possible first ev I think that it is pointing to a Hyundai Kona (300 miles batt). Maybe slightly OT but I would appreciate comments from anyone regarding (1) cash purchase (ouch!), or (2) leasing, or even via a (3) loan. What is more relevant for this forum, is there anything that I should know before I take the plunge! There will be an additional cost for a home charger!

All comments/advice welcome :-)

Lawrence Harris

[labelled a spammer by the admin during the application process!]

astro-L

Post by astro-L »

Sloppy thinking on my part resulted in my forgetting to make one query: I really would have liked the HUD on the Premium! the Ultimate is really a bit on the pricey side for me.

regards

Lawrence H
astro-L

Post by astro-L »

I am very surprised that no forum admin is responding to any of these queries - some of which are significant. Do they not monitor would-be purchasers and owners? This is their showroom!

L D J Harris
anupanu

Post by anupanu »

I'll bite.
Being labelled a spammer has probably scared anyone into not replying, why mention it? we didn't know.
Second, you finances are your own. Financial advice should come from a recognised body.
Third. Hyundai's policy is to only offer specifically specced models, no options. Kia do the same (same company) I managed to get my Premium SE Hybrid with optional Adaptive Cruise. Now if I wanted HUD again I would need to buy, as you say, an Ultimate. Hyundai/Kia and other companies might realise they are turning away customers, all in the interests of making the production line simpler
Finally, this is not a Hyundai run or owned forum, it is quiet as there doesn't seem to be that many active members, people just sign up, ask their question and then disappear
Tangerine Comet Premium SE Hybrid, initially due early May, then due early June, arrived 14th August 2020.
astro-L

Post by astro-L »

Thanks. When I first applied to join the forum I was stunned to see such a label thrown at me by a digital poorly programmed algorithm that was clearly untested. However, I cleared the form and re-applied without further problem. Getting an actual car has proved impossible. All the dealers say 'in stock' but on enquiry they concede that they do not have any stocks. It is disappointing because I have wasted so much time establishing that the ads are simply misleading. Currently I have given up on Hyunda because there are no stocks anywhere and the delivery dates are measured in months. This will be my shortest ever forum membership! Goodbye all.
Lawrence H