mpg

All Hyundai Kona related discussions
RobA

Post by RobA »

Yep, I have same model. Have done 5k miles and at best I can get about 40 mpg around town, and about 50mpg on a long run, but to achieve these figures I'm driving like my local vicar! Hyundai's consumption claims seem to be similar to VWs emissions claims!

NickHinde

Post by NickHinde »

Hi, I'm new to the forum but have had my Premium GT Kona for 6 months. Driving v. carefully on "A" roads I get an average of 36mpg.
On a 30 mile(ish) journey with a mix of 50/50 Motorway/Urban I get about 30 mpg.
If I drive harder I get 27-29mpg. I was going to get the Premium SE 1.0 for the mpg but wanted HBA and full LED lights so I was swayed to the Prem GT. I don't think the 1.6 auto AWD is actually too bad compared to the 1.0 figures that some of you guys are getting.
I hope this is of some help
Stanc

Post by Stanc »

TERRIBLE!
For me there should be an investigation between what Hyundai claim and what you get MPG-wise!
I am REALLY driving careful and urban I'm getting 25-27 MPG and on a run I only got 31.6 on my 1.6 Turbo Kona and the run was keeping it under the speed limit.
I took it back and asked them to check it out and the dealer said 29MPG is about right on a run and said he thought I was doing well!
When I pointed out the figures from Hyundai all he said was "Oh you can't believe the official figures" Ah Ok that's alright then!
Give it another year (maybe) and it's going. Very disappointed. :o(
Stokey

Post by Stokey »

Just taken delivery of my black kona N. 5 March 22
Unfortunately due to my right foot is sometimes encased in a lead boot, the fuel consumption can be in the early 20s to the gallon.
But isn't it fun to drive !!!