Media screen how to turn it off

All Hyundai Kona related discussions
Harryc

Post by Harryc »

Hello everyone i picked up my new kona premium on monday ,really enjoying it though theres one thing thats a bit annoying and its the permanent map screen on the media screen.ive tried to find awayto have it dark ...blank ....but havent managed yet to find the way to do it. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Harryc

Kona Kenny

Post by Kona Kenny »

I have the SE so no map. My friend has the Premium and he switches the map of when he does not need it. I think that all you have to do is press the HOME button.
KENNY. 2018 1.0 Kona SE
I don't know were I am but,
I'm having a lovely time.
ikanic

Post by ikanic »

Hi, have you found the solution yet? I have the same problem (Kona 2019, 8" Infotainment). While cruising at night I do want the radio on but would like to have a darkened black screen. Can you give me a hint what to do, I do not find any solution in the manual, my old Hyundai i30 had a special button to shut the screen. Thanks.
bgw

Post by bgw »

Press and hold the volume button until the screen goes off.
ikanic

Post by ikanic »

Yes, but in this way darkening the screen means also switching off the radio. I would like to keep listening to the radio but have a dark screen at night, though. So radio on, screen off.
ikanic

Post by ikanic »

There is a two-step solution. In Display Settings there is a touchscreen button »Display Off« which dimms the screen. But one can assign this function to the Custom Button (button on the right side of the screen with a star) and it works. It dimms the screen while the radio is still on.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post