Email update from Hyundai for those waiting for a new Kona EV

All Hyundai Kona related discussions
AEB-UK

Post by AEB-UK »

Hyundai have just said their testing of the EV range for the new Kona was wrong.
They've now reduced the expected mileage to 279 miles. :(
I have the option to cancel my order without penalty.

It's disappointing that the "holy grail" target of 300miles is actually further away now, but it's still 140 miles more than my Ioniq gives me.

I still have a long wait before I can get my hands on the one I ordered, although if many people choose to cancel, I might get mine a bit sooner :D
2019 Kona EV Premium SE in Ceramic Blue :D

MattD

Post by MattD »

Strange, I saw a test on YouTube and I'm pretty sure they beat the 300 mark! 279 is still pretty impressive, can't see many cancelling unfortunately for you, it'll be a few years before I make the switch to EV though!
Konerd

Post by Konerd »

4B64DCCE-19C7-4725-BC86-6FD33B531716.jpeg

Hyundai are being ultra cautious, they don’t want to get tangled up in any legal class action that Jaguar May become the subject of.

For those that want reassurance whilst waiting take comfort from the range indication I saw on my car yesterday.
If you drive like my lunatic neighbour, reverses down the street at around 20mph; only heaven and speed cameras will know what speed he travels at going forward, the range will not be the optimum.
As can be seen I am told that the range of my car is projected to be 295 miles. With regeneration I would expect to achieve in excess of 300 miles.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post