Dash cam

All Hyundai Kona related discussions
Kona Kenny

Post by Kona Kenny »

Just finished fitting a dash cam to our Kona SE. I have hardwired it using a Micro2 piggy back fuse holder in the rear wiper fuse position on the under-dash fuse box. This automatically switches the camera on and off with the ignition. The angle of the windscreen meant that the supplied suction cup placed the camera too low. I adapted the mounting block so it sits higher up and closer to the screen. The wires slip nicely behind the headlining and the side airbag cover was carefully removed to allow the wire to pass behind the dash.

fuse-web.jpg

IMG_2396web.jpg

IMG_2395web.jpg

KENNY. 2018 1.0 Kona SE
I don't know were I am but,
I'm having a lovely time.

MattD

Post by MattD »

Nice, I've still got mine into the 12v plug considering doing this, I'm presuming a micro2 piggy something you replace the existing fuse with that allows a micro usb connector? Forgive me if I'm way off! I wouldn't really want to go down the line of removing the air bag... Is there another way in? On a side note I don't like these next base cams, don't see the point in all that screen, my dash cam sits to the passenger side of the mirror nearly, no obstruction of view at all and I just remove it nightly and pop it in the center storage as it's so small.
Kona Kenny

Post by Kona Kenny »

You are right about the piggy back. You remove a fuse from the fuse board and replace it with the Piggy. The fuse you have taken out is then pushed into the slot on the Piggy. As for the Airbag. All I did was to gently pull off the pillar trim. This was easy. I ran the wire behind the air bag bundle and pushed the trim back.
Your dash cam sounds good.
KENNY. 2018 1.0 Kona SE
I don't know were I am but,
I'm having a lovely time.
saskdevil

Post by saskdevil »

Did you have to replace any clips when you pulled out your A frame? or did you even have to take it all off?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post