Low fuel?

All Hyundai Kona related discussions
Greaty44

Post by Greaty44 »

I've just got 2 Konas. In my previous cars on the fuel gauge there was always a red sector for when your fuel was low. The fuel warning light would come on when the needle first went over the red sector and the manufacturer in their manual advised how many litres you had left so you could work out how many miles you have left which was usually 40 miles

In the Kona manual I can't even find the fuel tank capacity, but I've looked online and belive it is 50 litres.

Am I missing something, how do you all judge your mileage left when the fuel level is low? In previous cars there has been a digital display saying how many miles is left but I've never trusted it, as 1 minute it might say 80 miles and then 2 minutes later it says 70 miles.

Kona Kenny

Post by Kona Kenny »

I have not seen a warning light (never been that low) but the display screen shows the range you have. We fill up when the fuel gauge shows less than a quarter. To be fair, we have only filled up four or five times so far.
KENNY. 2018 1.0 Kona SE
I don't know were I am but,
I'm having a lovely time.
MattD

Post by MattD »

The warning light comes on at around 25 miles left to empty, you will also get a notification on the head unit to ask if you want to find the nearest petrol station. From my experience the mileage estimation to empty is pretty accurate, I'm on 17k miles in the first year so have been filling up quite a bit. I have noticed the max petrol gage can be reached at about 40 litres if you keep going the needle just goes beyond the end of the gage.