Replacing headlight bulbs

All Hyundai Kona related discussions
Chriiiiiiiis

Post by Chriiiiiiiis »

I have taken delivery of a Premium SE.

I hate the fact that the DRLs don’t match the dipped headlights in terms of colour.

Too yellow.

But can anyone tell me how to access the bulbs?

Chris
Liverpool

davrob36

Post by davrob36 »

It is a bit of a squeeze but you can open the aperture in the mud insulator under the wing - its like a flap.
Beware as you in UK like me and I done the same thing but keeping in the law you must not go above 4200lumens.
If you are going to fit LED's you will possible have to fit a canbus kit.
Good luck.
Ryland Johnson

Post by Ryland Johnson »

Hi davrob36. Whats a 'canbus' kit? This is very interesting. I would also like to install LED front lights. I didnt know this could be done after market?
Please tell me more.
Many thanks.
davrob36

Post by davrob36 »

Sorry for delay but the canbus kit is a kit which has to be fitted along with the LED bulbs to prevent dash warning light coming on.
Fitting LED lights with canbus kit you will have to change the bulb covers etc. etc.
Plus if you are in UK beware you you are only allowed up to a certain lumen rating.
So it may be better fitting the highest rated halogen bulb - possibly a Philips bulb
Mig64

Post by Mig64 »

Hi, I'm just wondering if you could tell me what led headlight bulbs fit my kona it's 19 plate. I have searched the Internet and come up with a h7 bulb but do i need a adapter as it looks like I do to keep the bulb in place. I'm not sure which adapter I need. Also would I need a Cambus to stop the error code appearing. Thank you

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post