Front Parking Sensors how to switch on permanently

All Hyundai Kona related discussions
womanofkent

Post by womanofkent »

Hi
picked up my Premium SE on Saturday, front parking sensor light turns blue when pressed on (switch next to gear knob), however, it seems to switch off and then when I try to park it won't work unless I press it again, I have checked the dotmatrix and there is nothing on there to make them on permanently.

Anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong please.

crofter

Post by crofter »

My owners manual p 3-105 says the system switches off automatically when speed exceeds 12 mph. It switches on (front and back) when Reverse is selected.
tonyv131

Post by tonyv131 »

Yes this is correct .useless operation. I asked dealer if the sensors could be made to operate all the time but no go. It basically means that you can't use the front sensors unless you are going slow and have pressed the button. It is a right pain

Thought they might modify this in an update but to date no joy!! My car is 2018 model
anupanu

Post by anupanu »

tonyv131 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:04 pm Yes this is correct .useless operation. I asked dealer if the sensors could be made to operate all the time but no go. It basically means that you can't use the front sensors unless you are going slow and have pressed the button. It is a right pain

Thought they might modify this in an update but to date no joy!! My car is 2018 model
I'd have to ask why you would want the sensors to work whilst going fast? If you want them to go off in a queue of traffic you are already too close to the car in front
Tangerine Comet Premium SE Hybrid, initially due early May, then due early June, arrived 14th August 2020.
tonyv131

Post by tonyv131 »

Dont want them to work when i am going fast.
Just want them to work when i pull up against a wall etc or a car in front of me in a carpark for example.
To do this means you have to remember to operate the switch first. What a pain!!
AEB-UK

Post by AEB-UK »

My other half has a Volvo and the front sensors are "on" as default until he chooses to switch them off.
When he drives my car he can get worryingly close to an obstruction when parking before remembering to switch on the Kona's sensors.
2019 Kona EV Premium SE in Ceramic Blue :D
anupanu

Post by anupanu »

tonyv131 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:04 pm you can't use the front sensors unless you are going slow
Sorry, I misunderstood your comment.
I have to agree that automatic switch on of the sensor array at low speed would be useful and it is clearly possible, my company Golf does just that. You can however get beeps when creeping through small gaps at low speed that may shock as you wouldn't necessarily be expecting it
Tangerine Comet Premium SE Hybrid, initially due early May, then due early June, arrived 14th August 2020.
Johnny_W

Post by Johnny_W »

This 'feature' slightly annoys me. My 2016 Mondeo has the front sensors on as default under (I think) 5MPH. So when pulling up in traffic
or parking it's always there.

I hope I don't forget to turn on when parking; as we have 3 cars on my driveway and normally it's me that has to zig-zag between the other two up
to the house.

Seems like a bit of a 'swing and a miss' from Hyundai on this one.
2020 Premium SE in Acid Yellow

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post