When will our new vehicle arrive?

All Hyundai Kona related discussions
Lion

Post by Lion »

Update on arrivals

A car carrier used by Hyundai docked in Tilbury on 21 May and another is due tomorrow or Monday. My dealer has told me they are scheduled to receive my Kona around 8th June. So hopefully I will be able to pick it up that week.
Car Premium SE 64KW

Wildy

Post by Wildy »

Lucky you, at least your Dealer is keeping you up to date - as much as they are able.
Ours (Johnson’s) seems to have maintained a deafening silence so far. Time to hasten, methinks.
wildy
Wildy

Post by Wildy »

We learnt yesterday from our Dealer that delivery is "likely to be in August". :roll:
If so, do we wait until it is registered in September or take it, assuming is will be August?
wildy
anupanu

Post by anupanu »

My first reaction is, you have waited this long another month won't hurt, but your personal circumstances may mean you need to change earlier.
What reason have you been given for the further delay?
Tangerine Comet Premium SE Hybrid, initially due early May, then due early June, arrived 14th August 2020.
anupanu

Post by anupanu »

Following your post and the complete lack of communication from my dealer since the 'due in early June' email I contacted them, to be told, you guessed it, August!
I have tasked them with finding out why as they are not sure why they would have emailed me without a definitive arrival date. I will update when/if I find out. I have told my dealer early July or I wait until September
Tangerine Comet Premium SE Hybrid, initially due early May, then due early June, arrived 14th August 2020.
Wildy

Post by Wildy »

According to our dealer, the delay is COVID related... :roll:
wildy
Pauly

Post by Pauly »

Hi I to have had a delivery date for 20 May my dealer told me 3 weeks ago that my car was in Tilbury waiting for all the checks to be carried out and I have heard nothing since but I do have a clue as to why it might be delayed.
In the other forums lately there is a lot of talk about the new software updates that went wrong they have now stopped the up dates and are trying to find a fix for the problems it has caused if our cars left the factory with this new update which I would think this will be the case then we I expect will have to wait until they find a solution that’s what I think but might be wrong but it could explain it.
CRB

Post by CRB »

This must be so frustrating to know that the car is in this country and you can't get it!
Kona Electric Premium SE 64Kwh
Ceramic Blue
Pauly

Post by Pauly »

To be honest I am loosing interest and find myself doubting the buy after all the problems people are having software,motors,gears etc flat battery’s the list goes on it’s starting to put me off a bit.
ffox

Post by ffox »

Don't worry - most forum posts are from the few people who have had troubles. The vast majority are happy and don't bother posting.

When I took my Premium GT in for the annual service I said "If you find anything wrong don't bother calling, just fix it". The maintenance front desk replied "They won't find anything" and they didn't!

This article places Hyundai high in the "most reliable cars less than 5 years old" ratings.