Bluelink

All Hyundai Kona related discussions
Wildy

Post by Wildy »

I’m attempting to link my iPhone to our Premium SE hybrid and, so far, without success. Will anyone who has done this please advise how they did this.

I thought I’d linked it with the display. but nothing else happened. Help lease!!

Best regards
wildy

anupanu

Post by anupanu »

Have you downloaded the App?
We had trouble linking our phones too, both Android, but same principle. From memory, the app asks for VIN but then cannot connect. Within the car there is a way of connecting to your phone once your phone knows the VIN. Unfortunately from this point my help becomes less useful. We took our car back to the dealer the day after purchase and our salesman spent about two minutes linking the two items, unfortunately how he did it is still a mystery
Tangerine Comet Premium SE Hybrid, initially due early May, then due early June, arrived 14th August 2020.
Wildy

Post by Wildy »

Thanks for your reply
Yes, App downloaded, iPhone with latest software. VIN entered car responded with a code that I put in, then zilch! IPhone then decided not to remember he details :evil: .
Because of the lockdown etc it hasn't travelled far and not to the dealers. We'll see, in the meanwhile, I'll continue to 'play'
wildy
Skydivermel

Post by Skydivermel »

Wildy,

Did or have you connected Bluelink. I've been trying with mine and no luck
Wildy

Post by Wildy »

Yes, this morning. I was waiting in a carpark whilst my wife was shopping and I attempted to link it up. Fine, but after submitting the VIN, it asked me to enter the code on the multimedia display within 10 minutes, Sadly, I didn't have my key with me - my wife had disappeared into the bowels of Lidl, or was it Aldi?! and I couldn't contact her as her phone was in the car with me! :roll:

So, once home, I went through the process again, received and entered the code and was quite impressed with what I could see.

However, it asked me for a PIN to access certain functions. Does anyone have any idea what or where to find / obtain the PIN?

Hopefully an answer will be forthcoming
wildy
Wildy

Post by Wildy »

Follow-up. Delving deeper into the app I was able to ‘reset’ the PIN, although I don’t believe I had set one before (!) and now am able to remotely ‘see’ the vehicle. :D
I attempted to remotely send a destination to it and was disappointed not to be able to amend the route to one I was sure was a better one. It merely selected main roads without considering secondary ones.
Anyone know how to do this? Not a patch on my TomTom SatNav!
wildy
Jevypaul

Post by Jevypaul »

HELP
I have bluelink app on my phone and I do have alot of the info that you can get ie where vehicle is, trips, performance etc.

BUT when I go into settings and “set up my car” I do have “vehicle data management” which is great.

However when I select the two options “photo view” and change vehicle settings” it doesnt allow me anything and all i get is an error message “available after account has been linked”

Can anybody advise on how I can access these options
KoolKonaEV

Post by KoolKonaEV »

I have just checked my Bluelink settings and I don't have any of those parameters!
Kona Electric Premium 64Kwh
Ceramic Blue

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post