Child Booster Seat

All Hyundai Kona related discussions
Meganisabella

Post by Meganisabella »

Hiya,

Hoping someone can help me. I am looking into getting a Kona as my next car, I have been for test drive a while back and loved it but with the current COVID restrictions car dealers won't let you inside the car.

I currently have a Fiat 500x with a whole lot of issues but a big one for my 7 year old son is that he is unable to plug his seat belt in himself. I've checked different sized car seats in our car but it's the same issue. We need to push the seat with him in it to be able to get the seat belt in; I have a few health issues and this is causing a problem for me. There's also the safety concern of his seat being able to be pushed over despite it being "Isofix". I had a hire car last year, the Vauxhall Mokka and had no issues with the car seat in it. The car seat did not move at all and the seat belt went in no problem at all so much so my son could do himself.
I don't believe the issue to be the size of the car but possibly the design of it.

Does anyone use a child's booster seat (level 3) in the back and have any issues? Or are the kids able to put the seat belt on themselves? If they are able to do it themselves, do you mind me asking what can seat you have so I can look up the dimensions to compare with ours please?

I have googled this in every way possible but I can't find an answer that gives me any indication either way.

Any help would be appreciated 😊

Kona Kenny

Post by Kona Kenny »

Hi Meganisabella. It probably wont be much help, but we have taken our grandchildren out in our Kone before lockdown. One was 7 and the other was 5. The seats that their mother gave us to use fitted in the car with ease and the older child fitted the belt herself. The only way you can be sure that yours will be OK is to try it yourself. Hopefully it won't be too long before restrictions are lifted and you will be able to visit the showroom. Till then, keep safe.
KENNY. 2018 1.0 Kona SE
I don't know were I am but,
I'm having a lovely time.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post