New DCT transmission clunky in to odd number gears

All Hyundai Kona related discussions
adrianmsmith

Post by adrianmsmith »

Hi All
I am new to this forum and only 3 weeks in to Kona ownership.

Any advise of comments appreciated please........
Car has been great until 3 days ago as it passed the 300 mile mark.
Quite clunky now and surges when engaging odd numbered gears. ie 2 to 3 up 4 to 5 up 6 to 5 down 4 to 3 down and 2 to 1 down.
not had a chance to speak to the dealer yet but wondered if this is a common fault.
Was at Morrisons the other day and found another Kona hybrid parked next to me (the first one I've seen other than mine) and was admiring the colour when the owner came out giving me that what are you up-to look!
So i explained mine was parked next and the conversation went to what do you think when she explained hers had been back to the dealer recently for a transmission fault that they seem to know about and had hopefully successfully fixed. Mine was fine at the time so i said id keep my fingers crossed for both of us! Well, they were not crossed tight enough as 5 days later mine has developed the "fault" as above.

has anyone got any comments or info please to share.
Thanks in advance.
Ade
Ade Smith

kona ultimate hybrid 1.6 DCT 2020
Ignite flame

metalgearcol

Post by metalgearcol »

Hi - did you get anywhere with this? My partners stalled and wouldnt start the other day after less than a weeks ownership. Eventually it fired up but it was very clunky through the gears (assume DC issue?) and has gone back to Hyundai - a look around the internet suggests this is a known issue..
adrianmsmith

Post by adrianmsmith »

Hi yes, fortunately it is a known issue and there is a recall for it. It is just a software upgrade .
Fortunately as well it does seem to fix it. We are not doing massive mileage but it has not reoccurred.
Your dealer should sort it out for you.
Ade Smith

kona ultimate hybrid 1.6 DCT 2020
Ignite flame