Alternative routes option on sat nav.

All Hyundai Kona related discussions
Stanc

Post by Stanc »

Hello all,
This is my first post so please bear with me, I have tried to search the site for the solution as I'm sure it has been asked but I don't seem to be doing things right at the moment!
Having only owned my 2020 Kona 1.6 4wd for a few weeks I am struggling with the sat nav! Can anyone tell me IF there is a setting to show alternative routes? I have sussed fast and slow option but is that it? Does it not show as it does on Google maps or Tom Tom? I can connect my phone obviously but I'd rather give the built in one some use. I have also looked on the net and a few folk from the U.S. have said nope, the route shown is it! Surely Hyundai have a better system than this? Or maybe not!
Many thanks in advance for the new old git on the block.
Happy driving.

Stanc.

astro-L

Post by astro-L »

This sounds very much like the limited help on my Ford Focus sync 3 model. Despite alternative routes being available via actual websites such as 'theaa' where everything is adjustable, these car satnavs (at least mine) offer limited choices. You may find that you can plot a better route on your laptop/smartphone and then modify the car's satnav to comply. All rather tedious considering the cost of the car.

regards

Lawrence H (still at the thing of getting a Kona stage)
anupanu

Post by anupanu »

I'm led to believe the Hyundai system is TomTom based so I would have thought it would offer alternatives, not in the Google way (grey line with time difference) but in a 'Hey, this is a quicker route, do you want to save five minutes?' kind of way. However, I can't be sure because Google Maps via an Apple product just seems to work better
Tangerine Comet Premium SE Hybrid, initially due early May, then due early June, arrived 14th August 2020.