Wireless Carplay?

All Hyundai Kona related discussions
stevew80

Post by stevew80 »

Hi,

My apologies if this has been covered before, I have searched the forum, and Google etc. and cannot find an answer!

I have just ordered a new Kona Hybrid and am trying to find out if the Apple Carplay is Wireless or still just USB?

Anyone out there with a UK Specification 2022 Kona Hybrid Ultimate who can answer this for me?

It apears the USA version has Wireless Carplay, but I know the specs can be very different over here....

Thanks,

Steve

sparktletts

Post by sparktletts »

Hi,

I am new to the forum but recently collected my 71 plate Kona Hybrid. Unfortunately CARPLAY only works with USB cable.

Thanks
stevew80

Post by stevew80 »

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I will get my new Kona in April, which will be a 22 plate - i will keep hoping it may include wireless carplay by then (but not holding out much hope!)

Steve
Bigslope

Post by Bigslope »

I have recently ordered a 2022 Kona Electric Ultimate and the dealer showed me in their demo car that CarPlay is 100% usb cable only.
He says that wireless is not an option right now.

I was hoping it would be wireless but alas no
pluto

Post by pluto »

Hi I am new to the forum, I purchased a 2021 Kona hybrid executive a week ago { that's the only model here in Ireland hybrid wise] and it has wireless apple carplay working perfectly, hope this helps
stevew80

Post by stevew80 »

Hi,

Thanks for all of the replies.

I know it seems to be standard in the UK, and perhaps Ireland? - Fingers crossed for the UK.....

Isn't it a bit ridiculous that we can't actually get a definitive answer from Hyundai UK :o
drewk1

Post by drewk1 »

Just picked up my 2022 Hybrid Ultimate and the dealer assured me it had wireless carplay.
So far I'm unable to get it working so not so sure!

Works fine wired
QPRfan

Post by QPRfan »

My Kona EV delivered in May does NOT have wireless Carplay
Get £50 credit if you switch to Octopus Go https://share.octopus.energy/steel-burn-45

Download the INSTAVOLT APP on IOS or Android and use my code to get a £5 credit Fha7E
drewk1

Post by drewk1 »

drewk1 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:36 am Just picked up my 2022 Hybrid Ultimate and the dealer assured me it had wireless carplay.
So far I'm unable to get it working so not so sure!

Works fine wired
After investigating I can say now it does NOT have wireless carplay.
T99LER

Post by T99LER »

I get my Premium 64Kwh Kona on the 25th.

Which is the best Wireless box for CarPlay using IPhone ?

Carlinkit 3.0 or 4.0 as I am unsure of the differences or is there a better box brand available ?