Android and Bluetooth activation

All Hyundai Kona related discussions
ajw1100

Post by ajw1100 »

Hi. First post here, first day with new Kona MH.

We collected my wife's new Kona MH today and spent a few hours in the cabin getting to grips with the cars knobs, switches and buttons. Getting the hang of it but still lots to understand. We have come across one problem and that is with connecting our Android phones, we have successfully paired both her and my phones but although the car can see our phones, only the Audio seems to function, it seems to kick out contacts on both phones. I am sure I noted that during pairing that contacts etc had been imported.
On Bluetooth on both phones - Samsung A10s and A40 - there is shown Audio and Contacts. Audio is connected but contacts just show as Cannot connect Kona.

Any idea? we have phoned the dealer but so far no one has contacted us. Probably too busy supplying new cars to new owners!
Thanks
Alan.

MaryS910

Post by MaryS910 »

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 and my contacts were not showing on my Kona screen by name, just phone numbers when I received a call. I called Blue Link and they said they believed it had something to do with permissions on the phone but did not know exactly where it was located. I found it under Settings/Apps/Contacts/Change System Settings-ALLOW permission.

As soon as I set it to allow, the contacts started downloading on my Kona screen. Hope this helps.
Last edited by MaryS910 on Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8-) Mary
2022 Kona Limited Lunar White
USA
ajw1100

Post by ajw1100 »

Hi Mary. Thank you for your reply, we checked your suggestions and ours closely matched yours so tried again this morning, the contacts were downloaded this time. The thick book of instructions says you can scroll though the contacts list using the Tune knob, This I assume is on our Right and drive car is the one closest to the steering wheel but may be opposite on US Kona's.
Anyway rotating either knob does not scroll through the list. We will contact our dealer to sort it out!
MaryS910

Post by MaryS910 »

Yea! So glad they downloaded. I've only had my Kona a month so I've never tried to scroll through the contacts with the tuning knob, to be honest. I just use the voice button and ask it to call whomever I am trying to reach.
8-) Mary
2022 Kona Limited Lunar White
USA