Removing the drivers floor mat.

All Hyundai Kona related discussions
ajw1100

Post by ajw1100 »

Don't laugh, I do not want to get into any trouble!

We have ordered some new rubber mats for the wife's new Kona, the dealer supplied the carpets. As we do quite a lot of walking rubber mats are more practical. The drivers carpet mat is secured by 2 small clips but I am not sure how to unclip them. I do not want to break them. They seem to look like a small handle within the plastic disc, but do not appear to lift up or twist.

Probably simple when you know how!!

Bobe

Post by Bobe »

Hi. You have to lift the mat slightly and then turn to line up the plastic clip.
ajw1100

Post by ajw1100 »

Thanks Bobe.
Not quite sure I understand what you mean, 'lift the mat slightly and then turn'. Turn the mat? It's held in place with two clips so cannot turn against the other clip? I have tried lifting the arm on the clip but do not want to break it!
MaryS910

Post by MaryS910 »

I wrote a lengthy response and it disappeared. If it posts, I apologize for the duplication. Anyway, do not turn or twist or lift up on the clips. You only move the carpet mat.

Put your seat all the way back and lift up on one side of the carpet mat in the area of the clip. Then, turn the mat slightly and it will line up and lift off of the clip. Do each clip separately and don't try to lift both sides off at once. Once you do one successfully, it will make more sense.
8-) Mary
2022 Kona Limited Lunar White
USA
ajw1100

Post by ajw1100 »

Hi Mary.
So we meet again. Many thanks for your explanation. I am sure I will see what needs to happen. Have to try tomorrow as it's too dark now.

Disappearing posts have happened to me as well, If I have what I think will be a longish post I compose it in an email or notepad/word then copy and paste it on the forum.

Best regards
Alan.
MaryS910

Post by MaryS910 »

I replaced my carpet mats with rubber mats about 2 weeks ago so that's why I'm familiar with it. Good luck!
8-) Mary
2022 Kona Limited Lunar White
USA