All electric Kona on the way next year

All Hyundai Kona related discussions
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Speaking at the launch of the new Nissan Juke-rivalling Kona compact SUV in Seoul, South Korea, Hyundai’s vice chairman Eui-sun Chung said that the firm would launch a Kona EV next year.

hyundai-kona-electric-crossover-might-have-242-mile-390-km-maximum-range-118566_1.jpg

Chung said the planned Kona EV was part of the company’s focus on alternatively fuelled vehicles, such as the Ioniq, which is available with three different powertrains.

“We will launch electric vehicle Kona EV model by next year," said Chung. "We will focus more on eco-friendly cars such as EV and hydrogen-electric cars.”

Hyundai officials said they were aiming for the Kona EV to have a range of around 240 miles.

McGrick

Post by McGrick »

All electric huh? Won't lie. That kind of gets me going. I've been wanting to get off the reliance of oil and everything. Plus with a range of 240 miles to the battery, that's pretty far. Gets me everywhere I need to go in a week.
Beaniegirl

Post by Beaniegirl »

All electric huh. maybe I'll save up for a year and get that. Do we know if it'll increase the price of the car though? I read it'll be about 15,000. But will an all electric engine increase it by much? Because if so, I might have to wait a little bit longer.r but if not, I can start saving up now for the electrical model by then.
Cratty

Post by Cratty »

McGrick wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:36 am All electric huh? Won't lie. That kind of gets me going. I've been wanting to get off the reliance of oil and everything. Plus with a range of 240 miles to the battery, that's pretty far. Gets me everywhere I need to go in a week.
240 miles sounds pretty good. I wonder how long it will take to charge.
Everyone should try appetite suppressants here because they're effective.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post