ANNOYING SPEED LIMIT CHIMES - CAN THEY BE SWITCHED OFF?

All Hyundai Kona related discussions
ashfordlev

Post by ashfordlev »

Hello everyone. I've had my 2022/23 Hyundai Kona Ultimate Hybrid car for just under two months now and I must say I'm impressed with the comfort and performance, and the MPG is great. The only downside is I have been unable to get rid of the annoying chimes when I go over the speed limit (in some cases by only 1 mph!). Has anyone else had this "problem" and if so were you able to get rid of the chimes? Any help would be much appreciated.

Badgerman

Post by Badgerman »

I hadn't even noticed. Will check tomorrow.
Jeffers

Post by Jeffers »

Well done for setting an immpossible challenge LOL....it is annoying but I've been experimenting and can't find a way of shutting it up. According to my manual it should be in the driving assisistance. Possibly driver attention warning set it to off? or speed limit warning disable speed limit function? but I give up. Annoyingly mine comes and goes on different sets of roads....for example it seems to chime on some dual carrigeways and not others and very rarely on single carriageway....possibly it only kicks in above a certain speed? If an answer ever comes to light I'd be interested to know.
ashfordlev

Post by ashfordlev »

[]Many thanks for having a look at this. Like yours, my Kona only seems to chime at certain times - for example if there is a temporary speed limit due to roadworks/contraflow, etc.

So............... this morning I went into "settings" and then "vehicle" and then clicked on "driver assistance" which brought up a diagram of various functions. I clicked on driving convenience which brought up the next page. I then unclicked "speed limit warning".

Having done this, I headed on to the M20 nearby as there is a short temporary speed limited section and went through it over the speed limit and NO CHIMES!!
(the first time this has happened on this stretch of motorway. Just to make sure it wasn't a fluke I'm going to go through the same section tomorrow (fingers crossed).

One thing I did find is that the "speed limit warning" is activated by default for each new journey. I'll let you know how tomorrow's test goes.
ashfordlev

Post by ashfordlev »

So, confirmed - if you want to cut out the chimes, you have to uncheck "speed limit warning" at the start of each journey and this will cut them out.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post