New 2024 Kona.

All Hyundai Kona related discussions
Kona2607

Post by Kona2607 »

I also have a new Kona Ultimate EV. Very pleased with it overall. Can anyone tell me how to check if a software update is available please and if I should use the Bluelink app to install it. The only other issue I have is that TPMS refuses to work - impossible to display tyre pressures even after driving for a while - anyone else have this issue?

ibradburn

Post by ibradburn »

i have just ordered a n line s lux pack in denim blue , with delivery date
of 30/11/24 !!!!

Dont think it will be quite that long maybe sept/october , hopefully !!

still long time , got good deal on on though !
alrt

Post by alrt »

Kona2607 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:50 pm I also have a new Kona Ultimate EV. Very pleased with it overall. Can anyone tell me how to check if a software update is available please and if I should use the Bluelink app to install it. The only other issue I have is that TPMS refuses to work - impossible to display tyre pressures even after driving for a while - anyone else have this issue?
I have a new Kona Ultimate Hybrid and the October 2023 has just come through the OTA update. It added wireless CarPlay amongst other things. https://update.hyundai.com/EU/E1/update ... iew/Y2SkCi As for TPMS, yes same here, can’t get the pressure to display but the car diagnostics report says the tyre pressure status is “normal”.
alrt

Post by alrt »

Slumppy wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:45 am Has anyone on here ordered a new 2024 Kona and received it? Ordered a Kona Nline S about a month ago, and delivery is estimated to be six to seven months.
I ordered my Hybrid Ultimate in September and it was at the dealer for collection in November. Have to say I love it. Only seen two other 2024 Kona’s on the road in London since November 2023 though; one dark grey NLine and one white EV. Guessing supply is very constrained…
alrt

Post by alrt »

Zeppelin1950 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:42 pm See my earlier comment about my brand new ... 6th November UK Kona ev Android Auto. Current mileage 192 miles. Been back to have the September software upgrade ! Why is a November delivered car not released with the upgrades ??? Anyway new software completed ... Now wireless phone connection, so no need for usb lead BUT if using an Android phone with Android 12 or above ANDROID AUTO NOT AVAILABLE.... still ok on iphone though.
Car in Ultimate format with the 19" wheels lovely, but lacking the auto tilt on mirrors on reverse why ? A few niggling issues, car is so new (in UK) that dealers don't have answers to problems. Could do better
Auto tilt on mirrors when reversing is on my Hybrid Ultimate. Had to wait until today for the OTA “October 2023” update for wireless CarPlay though…
alrt

Post by alrt »

Zeppelin1950 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:33 pm It may seem a bit negative, but now discovering various elements of my new car, there are a few things that are not included. Having traded in a16 month old Tucson PHEV.....
I purchased the new 2024 model Kona ev in Ultimate format with the very nice eco suede Charcoal colour interior rather but being a new release made several enquiries with the supplier prior to order. I didn't see the point of the additional upgrade to have remote parking, never used on my Tucson, nor the full leather memory seat as only I drive the new Kona.
But was advised that things like the "cornering" lights and the "door handle/puddle lights" were available.... I even enquired via Hyundai uk ....... never heard back from them. But these are NOT available on this ultimate car .... at least not UK versions. A little dissapointed to say the least.
Media screen/Infotainment purported to be good, but user interface not as friendly as in the Tucson.
Yes it is a nice car to drive, very quiet and acceleration more than adequate, I keep the charge at around the 60-80%, and economy about 1/3rd the price of petrol. Plus not having to pay £560 tax (Tucson) I am content at the moment and as I purchased on pcp so will see how long I hang on to this ...... perhaps other options to consider next time
Both the "cornering" lights and the "door handle/puddle lights" are on my UK spec Hybrid Ultimate. I’d complain to your dealer.
MarkLBN

Post by MarkLBN »

Picked mine up a week ago, bang on time as advised by the dealer. Already been to Holland and back and achieved 40+ mpg on the motorways cruising at or around EU speed limits (1.6tgdi, not hybrid or EV). Adaptive cruise took a bit of playing around with on distance to car in front but works well. OTA software update landed in the week and now have wireless android auto. Absolutely nothing to complain about with the car so far. Yes the bongs can get a bit tedious but easy to set a short cut to switch them off should you want to.
Not_a_canoe

Post by Not_a_canoe »

Badgerman wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:03 pm
ChrisSmith wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:29 pm I have one on order - same version - but am seriously considering cancelling it. There appears to be major concerns with the Smart Cruise Control, which unfortunately I did not test on the test drive. The Smart Cruise Control slows unexpectedly and does not hold the speed. Has anyone heard of this concern please?
I have a 2023 1.6 Hybrid and don't know if it is the same Cruise Control, but it does vary very slightly depending on gradients. Only going up or down by 1mph.
I have a 2024 Hybrid - had it three week and yes the Smart Cruise Control does slow the car down when the car in front is travelling slower than you, you can set the distance. If you indicate to overtake the slower vehicle it will speed up toy your set speed as you pull out to overtake. So if the vehicle in front slows down you will as well to maintain your distance
alrt

Post by alrt »

alrt wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:41 pm
Zeppelin1950 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:42 pm See my earlier comment about my brand new ... 6th November UK Kona ev Android Auto. Current mileage 192 miles. Been back to have the September software upgrade ! Why is a November delivered car not released with the upgrades ??? Anyway new software completed ... Now wireless phone connection, so no need for usb lead BUT if using an Android phone with Android 12 or above ANDROID AUTO NOT AVAILABLE.... still ok on iphone though.
Car in Ultimate format with the 19" wheels lovely, but lacking the auto tilt on mirrors on reverse why ? A few niggling issues, car is so new (in UK) that dealers don't have answers to problems. Could do better
Auto tilt on mirrors when reversing is on my Hybrid Ultimate. Had to wait until today for the OTA “October 2023” update for wireless CarPlay though…
Auto tilt mirrors work like this by the way:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post