New Kona Broken down Already!!

All Hyundai Kona related discussions
Spider

Post by Spider »

First time posting here. Picked up my brand new 2024 Kona Hybrid N Line a few days ago and it’s already back at the dealership due to an engine management warning light coming on. Was driving back from the dealership when the car starting judering and then losing power. Dealership have been great but in terms of trying to get the car booked in at a nearer Hyundai garage was basically told a months wait. Hyundai customer service also pretty poor along with the breakdown assistance that comes with the car from the AA. Dealership has said that basically it’s 1 of 3 things, something to do with the catalyst, a faulty oxygen sensor or bad fuel. Really am having doubts about this car and Hyundai especially after reading reviews on trustpilot so just wondering are these cars as bad as what the reviews are saying or have I just been unfortunate? The car looks amazing but I’ve lost faith in it now.

AEB-UK

Post by AEB-UK »

Just bought.
Off the road due to serious fault.
Can't be fixed for a month.
REJECT
2019 Kona EV Premium SE in Ceramic Blue :D
Spider

Post by Spider »

I think I have to give them 1 chance to fix it then I can reject it but I’m reluctant to have another one or have I just been unlucky with this one?
AEB-UK

Post by AEB-UK »

The fix has to be in a reasonable time.
New car off the road for a month is imho NOT reasonable.
2019 Kona EV Premium SE in Ceramic Blue :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post