2020 Hyundai Kona Petrol Hybrid

All Hyundai Kona related discussions
cerberus

Post by cerberus »

Hi,

I've just joined the forum as looking for some information and figured you guys might be the best place to ask!

Background:
My girlfriends dad has a 2020 Hyundai Kona Petrol Hybrid - he somehow managed to CUT the rear drivers side seat belt.. :shock: he's phoned several garages regarding a repair and been given really silly quotes like £600-£800 plus!

Question:
I've looked into what is involved in this - and from what i can see, you have to strip a fair bit of the car down to gain access.. but other than that - it then looks like 3 bolts hold it in (noe at the bottom and two at the top) - if it was a 'normal' car then I'd probably just crack on - but given it's a hybrid - I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything before is tart the job, strip it all down and have a gotcha moment! - so has anyone had to swap one over before or does anyone know if there are any special precautions that need to be taken because it's a hybrid? - I'm looking at the prices he was quoted and figured the majority of it must come from labour costs - but just want to make sure there's not any service mode etc the vehicle needs to be put in first before i start..

ANY help or advice would be great! :)

cerberus

Post by cerberus »

has anyone had experience of this or can advise?? surely someone on here has done this before?
Kona Kenny

Post by Kona Kenny »

I think people are shy to help you with this one as a seatbelt is a safety item and if something dreadful happened they may be liable in a lawsuit.
KENNY. 2018 1.0 Kona SE
I don't know were I am but,
I'm having a lovely time.
cerberus

Post by cerberus »

Kona Kenny wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:45 pm I think people are shy to help you with this one as a seatbelt is a safety item and if something dreadful happened they may be liable in a lawsuit.
Don’t be silly - the new belt is being fitted using new bolts, locktite and will be torqued to spec…

I just need to confirm there isn’t anything unusual about the Kona as it’s a hybrid - like having to put it into a special mode or remove fuses etc!?
Davew99

Post by Davew99 »

My wife's 2015 i20 just failed it's MOT due to a torn rear seat belt. Had it fixed at a cost of £375. I have a 2021 Kona Hybrid and given the positioning of the rear battery I would expect the cost to be higher.
Jeffers

Post by Jeffers »

Frustrating when you cant find an answer to something and you've got a doubt about it. Not much help but there is a manual with a few diagrams herehttps://www.hkona.com/pre_tensioner_seat_belt-32.html it doesn't look as if there are any electrics involved.
cerberus

Post by cerberus »

Jeffers wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:01 am Frustrating when you cant find an answer to something and you've got a doubt about it. Not much help but there is a manual with a few diagrams herehttps://www.hkona.com/pre_tensioner_seat_belt-32.html it doesn't look as if there are any electrics involved.
hey - thanks for the reply - appreciate it..

So before i posted - I found the following pages which cover the main points:

https://www.hkona.com/rear_seat_assembl ... -1321.html

https://www.hkona.com/repair_procedures-1074.html

the main reason for my question is the above related to a petrol/diesel model and not a hybrid - I know the hybrid has a batter pack in the rear well - looks as though there will still be enough room to remove the rear seats etc - but just not sure about any other differences there are between the two or if there's anything 'special' i need to do as it's a hybrid..

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post