November Update Kona Hybrid

All Hyundai Kona related discussions
Jeffers

Post by Jeffers »

Just installed the latest update for my Kona
OS_H_PE_EUR.S5WL.001.001.231102 EUR.16.48.68.024.621.5
Not a lot of new things as I can see though Android Auto is now wireless available and Apple if you use them.
A notification that a new feature where the windows close auto if you go into a tunnel can be selected......but not on my options...
Can't see if they've done away with any features, I was sure my car came with auto high beam assist but that seemed to dissappear with one of the previous updates but cant be certain on that.
Allow an hour to download...an hour to copy to USB (why can't you download straight to the USB?) and at least an hour to update in the car. I did mine without the engine running as knew the battery was well charged but that may not have been wise thinking about it.

Sherrar

Post by Sherrar »

Hi, I picked up my Kona Hybrid on Thursday and am trying to install the update. Downloaded to PC and copied to USB fine. I have put the USB in the car and pressed update and get the following message (see attached as well):

Update
There are ongoing updates.
Preparing to install the navigation software

Is this the sort of message you got? Must admit I probably haven't given it more than about 45 minutes - am I just being impatient. It is the preparing part of the message that worries me.

Thanks

6 Update Message.jpg

Jeffers

Post by Jeffers »

Patience I think. I got similar the first time I did mine and thought it was stuck or I messed up but with no warning it eventually completed. This current one I just left it and had a look every 10 mins or so, after an hour when I checked again it was completed. Hope you dont have a problem.....let us know how it goes.
Sherrar

Post by Sherrar »

Update eventually completed after I had been on a longer journey 1.5 hours each way. No warning just finished.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post