Sat Nav?

All Hyundai Kona related discussions
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

Guys I currently own a 2022 plate Tucson Ultimate. The on board Sat Nav system I find to be poor with respect to routing. I know it uses TomTom maps with Hyundai's routing algorithm on top. It also has no dash cluster information apart from a rather poor single arrow.

As I'm considering moving to a new Kona N-Line S I'm wondering:

• Has the routing system improved at all? How accurate do you find it?
  • Page 29 of the brochure seems to show proper directions in the cluster (see attached image). Is this correct or is it poetic licence in the brochure?
Any photos of the cluster displays would be appreciated.

Page 29 of brochure.jpg

TIA

MarkLBN

Post by MarkLBN »

I picked up my 1.6 tgdi N Line S a week ago. Just back from a trip to Holland and the satnav worked like a dream - the first car I've had that I can really say that about (had Kia and JLR before but not Hyundai). It does have the cluster display as in your picture as you get close to the relevant turn point. After turning it shows the next 2 turn directions with distance to go to each, and overall distance to destination. Not easy to take a pic of while driving but I'll see what I can do.
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

Brilliant, sounds good all round then. Looking forward to any photos you can (safely) take.
AEB-UK

Post by AEB-UK »

Have a passenger take the photo.
Saves on a fine and three points (or is it 6 points now?).
2019 Kona EV Premium SE in Ceramic Blue :D
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

Unless I’m going completely mad (possible) or my phone is playing silly buggers…….. I can’t see any attached photo?